Solar for Business Surges Throughout the U.S. Amazon, Google, Apple, Walmart… and Your Small Business Too!
Corporate giants Amazon, Google, Apple and Walmart were among those featured last week in CNBC’s “Sustainable Energy”, which highlighted the U.S. businesses with the most installed solar capacity in the U.S., as reported by the Solar Energy Industries Association’s (SEIA) “Solar Means Business Report” for 2018.
The switch to solar power is now trending among businesses, both large and small, and the SEIA states that “corporate solar adoption has “surged” over the last few years.”
According to Doug Hertz, president and CEO of Sunrise Solar Solutions, “Solar is no longer just for big companies. We’re finding that businesses of all sizes and in every category are now installing solar energy systems. They’ve realized that there is a very significant financial return.”
Here are some of the reasons that going solar can be an important business and financial strategy for your business:
- Owners of newly installed solar panel systems get a Federal Tax Credit (ITC) for 30 percent of the cost of the system.
- Businesses can deduct 85 percent of the value of the solar asset from their taxes.
- Performance-based incentives (PBIs) can be significant and greatly enhance financial returns for system owners over the life of the system.
- According to EnergySage marketplace data, the average businessowner now pays about $538 in monthly electricity bills before going solar. After the installation, the electricity bill was reduced to approximately $91 – an 83% reduction.
- While electricity prices continue to soar, the cost of installing solar panels has dropped significantly in the last five years.
- Winning more customers: Many current and potential customers are attracted to businesses with a commitment to sustainability.
We can help you evaluate whether solar makes sense for your business. For more information, contact www.sunrisesolarllc.com, or call 914-762-7622.
Sunrise Solar Solutions, headquartered in Briarcliff Manor, NY, is the largest locally-owned and operated solar company in Westchester and the Hudson Valley, including northern NJ and CT. A full service NYSERDA solar installer and NABCEP certified installer — Sunrise offers sales, design, and installation of state-of-the-art solar energy systems for both homes and businesses. For more information, call (914)762-7622 or visit, http://www.sunrisesolarllc.com.